Saturday, June 03, 2006

My first ramblings...

...and I'm sure there will be a lot more... Something that's been on my mind lately...Photography. I'm *trying* to start up my business. I've had 3 sessions...none coming...no one inquiring. And I'm just wondering why? Do I need to advertise better? I've sent out flyers, put business cards at a local business...Are people seeing my photos and not liking them? Are my prices to high? Do I need to just give it time? Am I really good enough to be doing this? Why? why? why? Those are some of the questions going through my head! (yes, my very self doubting head!) BUT the positive side of me really just thinks that I need to get my name out more....practice more... OH no...bye for the day...my time is out! I'll leave you with those unfinished thoughts! Ok, I'm back. It's about 8:20 pm and oh what a day! First of all, I want to send a big hug out to all the moms who have days like I did today! oh my...my head is pounding, the kids seemed to be extra cranky, extra tired, extra moody, extra mean to each other...you name it....THEY WERE IT TODAY! And to top that off, I'm in one of those moods where I don't want to really talk to Alan about it, because he's been going longer than I have today, and how fair would it be for me to unload on him? So, I asked him to log me on the computer and I'm going to take a little calm down time...and then go ask him about his day... Anywho...back to photography. The side of me that is logical knows that it will take time for all the pieces to start coming together. I feel like I have a LONG way to go as far as the technical side of photography goes. I struggle with focus...well, soft images, to be exact. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong at this point. I get a lot of help from my photography board. I've learned a lot there, but I'd like to take a few classes that are more hands on kind of things...

No comments: