Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Yikes, what a night!

Last night the kids didn't go to bed until midnight! So, then I didn't get to bed until after 1:00am. I was having a night full of "things that Alan would do" LOL! I woke up out of my sleep 4 times thinking that I heard or saw something. Jumped out of bed, turned the lights on, checked the house for unwanted people...I thought I was going nuts or something! I was finally able to get to bed, but didn't even look at the time because I had turned the clock away from me because I realized the light from the clock was freaking me out! I really need to get to bed earlier, but it's so easy to just say up while the kids are in bed and Alan is gone.

I then ended up dreaming about my friend Katie. My kids and I stopped by her house and she gave me this look like "Umm, what are you doing here" but invited us in anyways. We ate chips and salsa (which my kids made a huge mess of) and then another friend of hers came over and we had to leave. lol, fun dream ey?

Anyways, that dream got me thinking about stopping unexpectedly at someone's house and whether or not it's something that people mind. I know that If I'm ready for the day, I wouldn't mind. I get bored, and it's fun to have people over...well unless they "over stay" their stay! But if I'm like I am now (undressed and busy on the computer) I would be annoyed. BUT what if it's someone that I haven't seen in a long time stopping by because they were "in the neighbor hood"? I'd be more than thrilled to have them come over (messy house and all) LOL. So do other people mind? I think it just depends on the person. I know that If I were to stop by Holly's house, she wouldn't mind (or would she? LOL, she is just to nice to say other wise!). But their are some friends that I would just NOT do that too because they seem to not like that sort of thing. I think it also has to do with me and that I don't want to "bug" people, so I just don't do it often. Anyways, that was boring!

I'm now thinking about my step-dad, Greg, and hoping that everything will be alright with him. He and my mom just found out that he has a brain tumor and they will be coming to Provo soon to have it looked at and have surgery to remove it. Greg and mom, you guys are in my thoughts. Keep us updated!!

2 comments:

Amy M said...

I'm keeping everything crossed for your step-dad Melissa!

And I think I'm in the minority on this but I don't mind people stopping by either! Too bad we weren't closer, we could drop in unexpectedly on each other! :)

Carrie G said...

I would like it if you just stopped by. Family is family and I don't feel judged by family! I think that if I had something going on that I could push back like going to the store, then I would just push it back and visit. But if I was doing something that couldn't be changed then I would just be honest and say sorry.