Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Thrift store shopper for life?
So I was thinking about this last night. When I met Alan (well Alan's family I should say) It was like being initiated into the "thrift store for life" club LOL. I would have never thought about shopping at DI or any other thrift store before meeting Alan. But once you do it...and can find GOOD stuff...you are hooked!
So now I feel like I'm am doomed to be a thrift store shopper for life. There is nothing wrong with that. I love that I can find a whole out fit for my kids, including shoes for just over $10! I love that I can find toys that cost way to much at stores for just a few $'s. I love that if I look hard enough, I can find good jeans or shirts for myself....even shoes.
But I hate that I don't remember the last time I went and actually bought myself a new pair of jeans...that one pair of jeans that are perfect in every way. At thrift stores, you have to take what you can get. great fit in the waist, just a little to short. a little to tight, but long enough in length.
So why do I care about this? I feel like since I can get great things at DI and we actually have clothes on our backs, that I am just stuck there. I feel guilty for going to Target and buying my kids clothes. I wouldn't even think about buying myself anything from Target. And it's not that it's that expensive...
I just feel like being a SAHM vs working mom, I don't deserve the nicer things. Why do I need new clothes if I'm just going to be at home?
ok, so that's enough of that. It's a sore (and kind of selfish) subject for me.
So lets see what else? What else is going on with me? I'm going through some personal stuff right now....which I wont say much about (hence the fact that it is personal..) but I've really got to change some major things in my life and in my relationship with Alan. of course I have started by contacting my doctor and getting on the medications I'm taking. I also really need to stop and think about what is the most important to me, and that is Alan and my kids. So yeah...that's about it there...
Alan and I are having a date night on Saturday. I'm excited to see Eric and Susan (and or course their little baby Cedric). I feel bad that we haven't all seen each other in a while, but with a new baby and Alan's schedule, life just happens! I'm also hoping Katie and Spencer will be able to come...I don't see Katie near as much as I'd like to. and of course, Holly and Tim will be there! and well...It's always good to see Holly and chat with her about stuff.
Well my arm and wrist are really hurting. I think the way I type and use the mouse on the computer is hurting my right arm. It's throbbing. So have a good day all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I truly think that you are amazing to be able to find such cute things for your family at a thrift store. In my oppinion SAHW of Working mom it doesnt matter both deserve to feel cute. If you find things that make you feel cute at thrift stores then score for you!! And you can think that all of us that have never learned the art are crazy dumb for the money we spend in other places.
Post a Comment