Saturday, January 20, 2007

Random thoughts

So today I went to an ILP (my photography board) get together and had a great time! You can see some pictures HERE if you're interested. Anyways, I had such a good time meeting these some of the people that I "knew" from the board! Tonight I was thinking about it, and it hit me that I'm "growing up". That may sound silly, so let me explain what that means to me. For so long I have kind of been stuck in this gap between high school and now. In high school I was soo intimidated by other people. I had the hardest time talking to new people. I was so shy and timid. And for the longest time, I would categorize myself as "shy". Really, if you knew me and knew how I was around other people, you'd understand. Anyways, at this get together today I noticed one of the girls was really "shy". She didn't talk much, she didn't jump into conversations and she kind of just looked really nervous to be around everyone else. Me on the other hand...I was jumping in conversations...wanting to get to know and talk to the other girls and I was just really enjoying myself. OK, my point? because I think I may have detoured off enough that I don't even know what my point is LOL...he he... umm...my point?! Alan summed it up well the other day when he told me that he's happy that I'm "getting a life". LOL, oh thanks! But really...I think I'm feeling a little more comfortable with who I am now. I am closing that gap of the 16 year old girl that I was 10 years ago. I guess it's about time! and I'm not sure why it has taken me so long...but here I am and I'm happy that I'm meeting new people and enjoying my life as a 26 year old! Although I'm still a very self conscience person...I don't think that has anything to do with the 16 year old me...I've always been that way...for as long as I can remember. Well I'm off to bed. Eric and Susan invited us over tomorrow and I'm excited. We don't see each other often, so It's fun to GET OUT and go hang out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meliss-

I forgot to tell you that Amy (John's sister) saw us on the news and thought you looked fabulous. I meant to tell you that, and your post just reminded me.

Don't worry we'll be up to get pictures with aunt Melissa soon. Plus, I've tried twice and you haven't been there. So there.

MelissaHash said...

That's awesome that you are feeling so good about yourself right now. I can totally understand your post, and I remember feeling that same way a couple years ago. (I turned 30 this year... no big ah-haa moments so far)

So cool that you are feeling good this year!!