Friday, February 16, 2007
Just rambling...
So here I am...have a rough couple of days...for a few reasons...
1. Hormones! damn the hormones.
2. I can't control my kids...they do what they want and have no respect...
3. ...which leaves me to believe that I'm a bad mom and I am doing something wrong.
4. I'm bored of the same old thing.
5. Hormones!
6. When I need to talk, I don't and that makes it worse.
7. And I'll end my complaining by saying HORMONES!
I started taking FOUR progesterone pills 15 days before...ah, hem....aunt flow comes and I think it helped. Looking back on the past couple weeks, I seemed to be ok. It's just these 2-3 days right before that get me. It's like, if you have ever been depressed and know that feeling of just not really caring about anything...not wanting to do anything...resenting everyone for no reason at all...tired....bitchy.....you name. If you have been there, you know what I'm talking about! These 2-3 days are like that. It hits me like a brick and I don't want to me be anymore...and even though I KNOW it's just hormones and it will be gone in a few days, It overwhelms me and still sucks just the same. My doctor prescribed some anti-depressants to me last time I saw him, and told me I could either try taking 4 progesterone pills for 15 days (I was always just taking two) or I could still take two progesterone and anti-depressants for the 15 days before. But I'm thinking I may just want to take them the 2-3 days before. The anti-depressant he prescribed is not a dependent pill...I could basically take it when I needed it and I think I'd rather feel nothing on those days then feel hate towards my kids, myself and the world.
Ok, well that was a personal glimpse into my life....but I needed to get that out. Kind of knowing that Alan will read it and because of the way I've been feeling, I haven't said anything to him....but he knows...we've been together for 8+ years!
So on a more positive note....
1. Ryan (my brother) is coming over tomorrow to help me get my website searchable in the search engines! I'm in the process of getting my business license and I'm ready to take my photography up a notch and try and schedule more sessions!
2. Alan says he's going to rearrange the living room and that will be a nice little change.
3. Alan and I (and the kids...wish it was just Alan and I) got to go to Eric and Susan's for a fun date night. We did chocolate fondue and deep fried foods! yummy...can't beat that!
4. I'm headed to bed, and I like sleep!
So goodnight all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Meliss-
If there is anything I can do to help, you let me know. Sorry I went to the basketball game instead of watching your kids. The game wasn't that good anyway. I just wish there was something more that you could do to help you not feel that way. I know what got me through those hormonal times, if you'd like to try it . . . faith and prayer.
I love you tons. I am always here for you!
Love your little sista
Sorry but faith and prayer does not solve or fix medical issues. Yes, it can help *some* people with boosting their moral sometimes, but it is not a good solution here. Stick to working with your doctor on finding a combination that will help balance the hormones and chemicals in your body. Hang in there...
Hey Melissa! I so hear ya with the hormones...Dang things! I used to refuse meds, but not anymore. I hope you can find something that works.
I would always say that being closer to God would help me get better, but God gave us doctors and medicine as well.
Give me the Drugs baby! :) The legal ones of course! LOL
Amen to Tammy! I agree that God has a hand in the medical field. there are medications out there for a reason. You can have all the faith in the world, but even that is not enough sometimes to help someone medically. That's why we have modern conviences, research of proven drugs that can actually
*GASP* help people! Can you imagine living in the 18th century without all these options? There is no shame in seeking help for something that disrupts your life significantly time and time again. there should be no stigma attached, and no judgment. Do what is best for you and your family Melissa.
Christi
Post a Comment