Thursday, June 07, 2007

falling into place

Don't you love it when things fall into place and you get a good feeling about a big decision? I am researching option to have vision correction surgery. Alan had looked around and found the Moran Eye Center to be one of the best around (and anyone who knows Alan, knows that he really does great research). So today I had my consultation at LasikPlus. I was in and out of there in less then an hour. They told me PRK would be the best option because I have dry eye and the flap on my eyes are thin. So, I get home (and last night I posted on my photography board about Lasik) and one of my friends on there answered that she had PRK in January at the Moran Eye Center and she highly recommends it! I left the other place feeling like they didn't do that much and to be having surgery on my eyes, they'd better do MORE then just a few simple tests....so I called the MEC. The lady was really nice and cracked me up! She told me that it's best to wear no contacts for 7 days before an appointment (the other place told me only three days). She said the consultation would take 3-4 HOURS! Which, I'm sorry, at the other place I had about 15-20 minutes of actual tests on my eyes. 3-4 hours makes me feel really comfortable to know they will do everything needed to find the best option for my eyes! Okay, so the funny that the lady did. I said something like "I have a photo shoot on Saturday and will need to wear my contacts for a few hours that day........will that mess anything up....?" She sat there for a sec...I didn't think she got what I was saying and she says something like "...I didn't hear what you said.." to which I was confused and thought I should repeat myself. But then she went on to say "...you didn't say that, and I didn't hear you say that...." like the lady on "The Parent Trap"...I didn't hear a word, not one single word lol...she was basically saying that she wont "tell" them I had to wear my contacts for a few hours. he he...Okay that wasn't very funny, but it was when I was talking to her. (she did tell me that it shouldn't be a problem though). Just funny that she was like "I didn't hear that..." So my point after all that? I'm very excited to be moving closer to getting my vision corrected! It will be life changing to me! So awesome!

No comments: