Thursday, June 28, 2007

Great minds think a like

Yesterday Alan and I were talking about (and don't ask why) coke and Pepsi and he said that in a blind folded taste test, people couldn't tell the difference between the two. I told him that was totally wrong because I could tell the difference SO EASILY if I were given coke and Pepsi...he didn't believe me. I told him we would do the "coke and Pepsi challenge" but most of the time, something like this we both totally forget about and never do it. So today at Target, I got some coke and Pepsi so I wouldn't forget. Alan left school about nine and it was getting to be later then when he should be home, so I got a little worried and decided to give him a call. He answered and I asked if he was almost home and he said he had to stop for a little thing called the "coke and Pepsi" challenge lol. So we both ended up getting coke and Pepsi today! Either we were both just really bored and wanted something interesting to do tonight, or we were just thinking on the same wave length. lol. Well, I guess that is one of those "you had to be there" things, because it was pretty darn funny to me. I wanted to send a hug to my friend Katie who had something sad and tragic happen to her family this past week! Katie, I'm so sorry and if you need anything, I wouldn't hesitate to go there and have someone watch the kids. If you need to talk, get out, cry...whatever....Please let me know!!!! (((((HUGS TO YOU!!!!)))))))) So today was a good day. Tammy invited me and some friends over to her house for the kids to play in the little pools and slip and slide. The kids had fun, but every time I meet new people I realize just how much I have changed since high school. I am no longer that shy girl who felt really timid meeting new people. There is no weirdness or jealousy between friends. For the longest time, I would say that I was still shy...but I really am not! Along with that, I think I am just loving life lately! My hormones seem to be balancing out which is GREAT! I have finally gotten to the point in my life that I am no longer going to feel guilty about every little thing. My life until this point was ridden by guilt. I am doing things for ME and not for anyone else. There are so many people in my life, there is just no way to please every body and that is JUST FINE! I don't need to! All I need to do is what I feel is best for me! Anyways, there has been big change in my life in the past 6 months and it is totally awesome! Well Alan should be home any sec for our coke and Pepsi challenge! lol..... Night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meliss- I just want to say that I am happy for you that you are feeling better and that the guilt it gone. I am awake and it is 3:30 in the morning. Ben is crying and doesn't seem like he is going to stop soon. I will see you tomorrow though. :)
Mindy

Amy M said...

Melissa, I am so happy that you sound so happy! :) I hope you have a great weekend!