Saturday, August 26, 2006
Night time ramblings
Well it's 9:12 pm and I feel like I'm going to pass out from the day. I'm tired and my head hurts!
Alan and I got the chance to get out of the house with out kids today! (thanks for watching them Mindy and John!). We went to Smith and picked up the medication for my thyroid and I took my first pill. It's a miracle, I'm cured! LOL, just kidding....But I'm excited to know what is "wrong" with me and to be taking something to see if it helps. Of course, Alan spent hours doing research on the medication (called Armour Thyroid) to make sure it was safe to take. It's been around for over 100 years and does't have any major side effects. I'll be getting my progesterone pills this week as well. I'll let you know how I'm feeling in a few months when the medications have the chance to work and be effective (hopefully).
Then we went to Orem to see Eric and Susan's new baby boy, Cedric Lee. Click HERE to see some pictures of the cutie pie! Babies are just so fresh and precious. He had so much dark hair, and in the midst of it all he had one little patch of blond hair! Too cute! His fingers and toes are so long and he made the cutest little noises. The boys went out of the room and Susan was nursing him. He didn't want to latch on and was trying so hard and wimpering. I had some major flash backs of Zach and was a horrible time that was! (well, at least it was at the time because of my over the top hormones). I remember just feeling soo bad that Zach wouldn't latch on and feeling resentment towards him because he wasn't doing it! Thank goodness, I can look back and KNOW that it was my hormones and not just me being a bad mom. What a hard first few weeks! I can only hope that Susan doesn't get postpartum depression like I did. It sucked!!
Anyways, we then went to get something to eat at Hogi Yogi/Teriyaki stix. We split our lunches and it was yummy. They forgot to give me my ice cream cookie sandwhich though...stupid people LOL, I really wanted that. I actually didn't even notice until we drove away, so we went to McDonalds and got ice cream. Could all my ice cream eating have something to do with the 30lbs I've put on in the past year? ; ) Stinking ice cream. Maybe I should blame the ice cream makers for my weight gain...I could get some money from suing them right? he he he. Can you tell I'm tired? I ramble when I'm tired.
Then we came home. I didn't want to come home. I need a little fairy to come and clean my house because for some reason, I just haven't done it in a while. Have I ever mentioned that I hate to clean? I also hate living in a mess...but obviously not as much as I hate to clean, or I would clean us this mess.
So, ummm....yeah. I'm hungry. What to eat? What to eat? got to go eat...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a beautiful little boy!
I am so glad you know what is wrong Melissa! I bet that is a relief! DId you know that your thyroid can make you gain weight? Is it an underactive, or overactive thyroid? I hope you start to feel better love!
Post a Comment