Tuesday, October 31, 2006
long days
My kids have been waking up early lately....some where between 7-8am and it just makes for a LONG DAY! Some days Alan will let me sleep in while he stays up with the kids (which is great....thank you Alan!) But the days that start so early (like today 7:30) just seem SOO LONG! My computer time (2 hours) is almost up and it's only 9:30am! So, I've been up sinse 7:30 (which may not seem early to some...but is to me)...by the time Alissa goes to bed...that will be 12 & 1/2 hours of my day.....then by the time Zach goes to bed, we are talking 13+ hours!
Some thing that I struggle with is...I may stay at home and have to be at my "job" for 13+ hours a day...but it's nothing compaired to those who work out of the home, plus come home and have to be a mom as well. I almost feel like I don't have valid reasons to be tired at the end of the day. Like, oh all I have to do is stay home with my kids, clean a few things here and there....
But really, dang, it's hard! I hate to clean, so for me, it's just such a task to have to clean (and I don't do a good job at it). I can do activities....take the kids to the park...but I can't do things like that for 13 hours a day! And I know that I get a lot of time to do nothing really...but doing nothing is almost worse then doing something, because it makes me more tired. But I don't want to do "something" all day long. Ugh...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi there Melissa,
I am Mindy's sister-in-law (John's sister). I happened to check Mindy's links and found your blog. You mentioned being a stay at home mom can be really difficult - and it is. I also stay home with my two young children (in an apartment) and my days can become long and sometimes draining. I think apartment dwelling makes it a little more difficult as well. You have to go to a park rather than sending them to the backyard.
Anyhow, on the hard days when all seems crazy, just remember that your children love you. They will love you so much for making the choice to stay home with them and love them. Nothing in the world is more important and crucial than taking the time to love and take good care of your children - I can tell you do both. Your children are beautiful. When they grow up you will be able to tell them that you stayed home with them because you loved them so much. They will praise your name forever because you did!
I know it is hard when you have many talents to share, I can see you are very talented with your photograpy. The pictures that will mean the most to you when you are old are the sweet pictures of your children and family. You do a great job at capturing their personalities in a photo. I can tell you take great care in your work. Taking pictures of children is not easy!
Hang in there on the rough days and remember you are not alone. There are many of us that experience the very same things that you go through. You mentioned your daugther and her poopy problem. My daughter, my sweet Sammi, would take her poop out of her diaper and paint with it on the wall and rub it into the carpet! Yucky! I used to worry that she had some weird problem, then I realized she was a 2 year old! I found that many layers of clothing helped with that and also time - she will get over it. : ) Something about the girls, they are artistic or something.
Anyhow, good luck! Realize that from someone just looking in on your life you and your family are beautiful. I am sure you are a great mommy! : )
Mari, thank you so much for your kind words! It IS good to know that I'm not alone, as some days I feel like I'm the only one going crazy with my two kids! Thanks again!
Post a Comment