Sunday, December 17, 2006

A good day

you know, it's funny...when ever I have a good day (and not just a good day but a day that I feel GOOD), it makes me really want to get my hormones in order! I'm nicer to my kids, I feel good even when the house is a mess and things aren't going right. It's such a good feeling, and I hate that most days aren't like this. The kids and I went to baby Ben's blessing at John's brother's house today. We spent about 3 1/2 hour there having a good time. The kids played (Alissa for some reason kept crying) and I just hung out with everyone and enjoyed being out of my house. They have a beautiful house! and the natural light in there made me wish I had brought my camera! lol! The guys were playing "Settlers" which is a fun game that Alan and I played with Eric and Susan on a date night. (although I don't remember how to play now). There was yummy food, cute dogs (which Alissa was scared of) and good company. It was just a nice day. Now I'm at home watching National Lampoon's Christmas vacation! Which btw, is one of my favorite Christmas shows. I still want to see A Charlie Brown Christmas this year, and I think it's on one of these days...maybe even tonight! I went shopping with my friend Amanda yesterday. It was weird walking around the mall with out a stroller and kids! I almost felt naked! And all the stuff there made me want to go shopping! some day.... My birthday is now less then a week away. Zach said she was going to make me something special for my birthday. I asked him what and he said a card and that Alan (well daddy to him) was giving me special surprise. I tried to get more out of him, but he said he couldn't tell because it was a surprise lol. I can normally get him to break, but he's not having anything to do with it! Well I'm off to clean a little bit. I like to clean when I'm in a good mood...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad you had a good day!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were feeling happy. Some yummy concoction from the local Starbucks wannabe place usually helps! Find a hot drink and let it warm your body and boost your mind...at least for a little bit. :)

Anonymous said...

Meliss- I am glad I could be part of your good day!! I love to hear that you are feeling good. Your comment about "breaking" Zach was very funny. I laughed out loud.
Love you-
Mindy
PS We will be coming home from St. George on your birthday so Happy Birthday!!