Thursday, May 10, 2007

Away for the weekend!

The kids, Mindy, Ben and I are headed to St. George this weekend to spend Mother's day with my mom and grandma! I'm really excited! (although, a vacation isn't quite as fun and relaxing with kids! he he). But I'm mostly just excited for the kids to get to see my grandma! It's been almost two years!! I also have a family photo shoot in St. George which is kind of cool because they are both from St. George...moving to S. Carolina in June and are down visiting family. So they get the chance to have family pictures in their home town before they leave! So anyways, it's 8:30...you would think I'd be off getting stuff ready to go....um, no. I'm here and on the internet messing around! Oh, so the other day I had lunch with some friends in Ogden. I decided to make a little detour on the way home and visit the house I grew up in in Hooper. Low and behold (yeah, that's not a saying I would normally say...but oh well), the house was for sale! The kids and I got out to peek in the the windows and it was so bitter sweet. When I think of my childhood, I loved that house! I could almost see Mindy and I running around the living room with our little friend during a birthday party. I got this really weird, almost aching feeling in my belly. I loved the house. Anyways, I came home and was curious about the listing, but couldn't find any that had a picture of the house! After many tries, I found this.....my old house! I looked through the pictures for over an hour. Looking again and again.......just having a moment! Isn't it a great house?! so many good memories!!!! Today Tammy and I went shopping. Alan and I tried to go shopping on our date night, but didn't find anything. I really wanted a pair of capris because I don't have any and it's summer and...well a girl needs at least one pair of capris during the summer! We met at the Gateway mall and shopped until we dropped! lol. Tammy was able to find a cute pair of capris at American Eagle for only $15! yay Tammy! and she got this really cute brown shirt to go a long with it! Tammy and her hubby treated the kids and I to lunch at the California pizza kitchen. I had never been there but it was yummy! The kids got mac and cheese...that stuff was GOOD! Thank you Tammy and Matt! You guys are so cute, btw! feeding each other food..... ;) Anyways, I wasn't able to find anything because for some reason MOST places think it's OK to not carry any sizes above size 12. and their Large shirts are like the size of a shirt I'd call small! I was bummed, but on the way back to my car, I decided to stop at Old Navy. and jack pot....Old Navy GETS that women aren't all a size 00 and they carry my size! I got a pair of capris and a shirt (which btw, is TOTALLY out of my comfort zone! I think it's really cute, but just something I'd never normally wear. I wanted to go for it anyways!). Anyways, they were BOTH on sale and I got both for just under $30! YAY to sales!!! Ok, well I'd better get to my packing and such.............be back on Monday!

No comments: