Monday, May 21, 2007

fun times

This past weekend, a group of friends and I got together for an over nighter in Provo! I almost didn't get to go because Alissa woke up sick and puked a few times, but Alan called in sick to let me go because he knew how much I was looking forward to it! Can I just say that it is really fun to have new friends. Honestly, I really hadn't made any new friends since high school (minus my sister in laws and Susan, Eric's wife). These girls are so much fun. I have made some good friends and It's nice and fun. We went to Chillies Friday night and stayed for so long chatting and laughing and BEING loud like a group of 8 girls can be! We all have photography in common, but also have kids, family, life, and much more in common. We went back to the hotel for more chatting. Two girls had to leave at 12:30ish and the chatting continued! It got really late and we had to crash. Except anyone who has been up with me when I'm really tired, knows that I get CHATTY. yup, just wanted to chat, chat, chat....I had to hold my tongue because Shay and I were going down memory lane! (Shay was a friend I grew up with in Hooper!). Although we were SO TIRED the next day (which usually happens when you stay up until 4am and get up at 8:40) we got off to a day of picture taking! It was so much fun! Such a nice get away....a nice "Mother's day" gift to myself lol... Anyways, I'm off to make dinner. but had such a good time, I wanted to share.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa I am glad you had so much fun. YOu really are blessed to have such a good husband!!!

Anonymous said...

Meliss~ I was reading that and thought, this sounds familiar, did I already read this?? Then I realized that you wrote about it on your photography blog. :) I am glad you had fun. I love getting together with girl friends.