Thursday, May 03, 2007

No TV? Really?!

So last night Alan and I got in to a discussion about the way I parent and how I leave the TV on all day long and the kids only watch TV...blah, blah, blah. Yes, it's true. The TV is easy for me. Yes, I'm a lazy mom....but you want to know why? Today I decide to unplug the TV, tell me kids no TV today and it's total madness in here. Alissa is in the kitchen getting into stuff....Zach had destroyed his room by dumping out ever last toy in this toy bucket. He refuses to clean it up......I yell....he cries. Alissa doesn't listen....it's madness here! Now Zach is sitting here by me (in the corner) pouting saying he's mad at me. Alissa is in my lap moving around like a wiggle worm. No wonder why I like to keep the TV on.....So call me a bad mom! I don't deny it! I know I have lots to work on (and please, I don't need suggestions! I know what I do wrong and I know what I do right!) OK I'm done now. The kids are now playing in the room, nicely for now.... On another note, I'm mad that it's raining today because my friend Katie and I were going to get together and have a pic-nic at the park. I wonder what the weather is like in Springville? grr to the weather! I'm going to go........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Meliss, I am sorry for all that advice/suggestions I gave you. I am sorry you feel so stressed with the kids. If you need a day off, I would be happy to watch them or take them out of the house for a while. I just want to help, cause I realize how crazy it gets sometimes. Whatever I can do to help, and obviously it is not by giving suggestions. I just want you to be happy. :) I love you tons. Please let me know if I can do anything.

Anonymous said...

You're NOT a bad mom. Please. As mothers we all have moments of self doubt, but everyone who knows you knows how much you love your kids and only want the best for them. You ARE a good mom!

Anonymous said...

Meliss, I have this problem as well. The days I keep the tv off, are HE_ _! This doesn't mean you are a bad mom. You do things with your kids, it is hard to be a mom and be with them 24/7 and you can't always be their entertainer! kwim?